17. Structure-based design and mechanisms of allosteric inhibitors for mitochondrial branched-chain α-ketoacid dehydrogenase kinase. Shih-Chia Tso, Xiangbing Qi, Wen-Jun Gui, Jacinta L. Chuang, Lorraine K. Morlock, Amy L. Wallace, Kamran Ahmed, Sunil Laxman, Philippe M. Campeau, Brendan H. Lee, Susan M. Hutson, Benjamin P. Tu, Noelle S. Williams, Uttam K. Tambar, R. Max Wynna, and David T. Chuang. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2013, 110, In Press.
16. Development of Inhibitors of the PAS-B Domain of the HIF-2α Transcription Factor. Jamie L. Rogers, Liela Bayeh, Thomas H. Scheuermann, Jamie Longgood, Chuck Caldwell, Jason Key, Jacinth Naidoo, Lisa Melito, Cameron Shokri, Doug E. Frantz, Richard K. Bruick, Kevin H. Gardner, John B. MacMillan, and Uttam K. Tambar. J. Med. Chem. 2013, 56, 1739–1747.
15. Allosteric Inhibition of Hypoxia Inducible Factor 2 with Small Molecules. Thomas H. Scheuermann, Qiming Li, He-Wen Ma, Jason Key, Lei Zhang, Rui Chen, Joseph A. Garcia, Jacinth Naidoo, Jamie Longgood, Douglas E. Frantz, Uttam K. Tambar, Kevin H. Gardner, and Richard K. Bruick. Nat. Chem. Biol. 2013, 9, 271–276.
14. Catalytic Enantioselective Allylic Amination of Unactivated Terminal Olefins via an Ene Reaction/[2,3]-Rearrangement. Hongli Bao and Uttam K. Tambar. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2012, 134, 18495–18498. (This article was featured in the Editors’ Choice section of Science, Synfacts, and Synform)
13. Tandem Catalytic Allylic Amination and [2,3]-Stevens Rearrangement of Tertiary Amines. Arash Soheili and Uttam K. Tambar. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2011, 133, 12956-12959. (This article was featured in Synfacts)
12. SYNPACTS: Stereoselective [2,3]-Rearrangements of Amine N-Oxides. Hongli Bao, Xiangbing Qi, and Uttam K. Tambar. Synlett 2011, 1789-1792.
11. Total Synthesis of (±)-Trigonoliimine C via Oxidative Rearrangement of an Unsymmetrical Bis-Tryptamine. Xiangbing Qi, Hongli Bao, and Uttam K. Tambar. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2011, 133, 10050-10053.
10. Catalytic Enantioselective [2,3]-Rearrangements of Amine N-Oxides. Hongli Bao, Xiangbing Qi, and Uttam K. Tambar. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2011, 133, 1206-1208. (This article was featured in Synfacts)
Graduate and Postdoctoral Publications
9. Enantioselective (Formal) Aza-Diels-Alder Reactions with Non-Danishefsky-Type Dienes. Uttam K. Tambar , Sharon K. Lee, and James L. Leighton. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2010, 132, 10248-10250. (This article was featured in Synfacts)
8. Highly enantioselective formal aza-Diels–Alder reactions with acylhydrazones and Danishefsky’s diene promoted by a silicon Lewis acid. Sharon K. Lee, Uttam K. Tambar, Nicholas R. Perl, and James L. Leighton. Tetrahedron 2010, 66, 4769-4774. (This article was featured in Synfacts)
7. The Direct Acyl-Alkylation of Arynes. Preparation of Methyl 2-(2-Acetylphenyl)Acetate. David C. Ebner, Uttam K. Tambar, Brian M. Stoltz. Org. Synth. 2009, 86, 161-171.
6. Pd-Catalyzed Enantioselective Aerobic Oxidation of Secondary Alcohols: Applications to the Total Synthesis of Alkaloids. Shyam Krishnan, Jeffrey T. Bagdanoff, David C. Ebner, Yeeman K. Ramtohul, Uttam K. Tambar, Brian M. Stoltz. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2008, 130, 13745-13754.
5. The development and scope of a versatile tandem Stille-oxa-electrocyclization reaction. Uttam K. Tambar, Taichi Kano, John F. Zepernick and Brian M. Stoltz. Tetrahedron Lett. 2007, 48, 345-350.
4. Convergent and Diastereoselective Synthesis of the Polycyclic Pyran Core of Saudin, Uttam K. Tambar, Taichi Kano, John F. Zepernick, and Brian M. Stoltz, J. Org. Chem. 2006, 71, 8357-8364.
3. A Convergent and Enantioselective Synthesis of (+)-Amurensinine via Selective C-H and C-C Bond Insertion Reactions. Uttam K. Tambar, David C. Ebner, and Brian M. Stoltz, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2006, 128, 11752-11753.
(This publication was listed as one of the ten most accessed communications in J. Am. Chem. Soc. for the July-September 2006 period. This paper was also featured in Synfacts.)
2. Progress toward the Total Synthesis of Saudin: Development of a Tandem Stille-Oxa-Electrocyclization Reaction, Uttam K. Tambar, Taichi Kano, and Brian M. Stoltz, Org. Lett. 2005, 7, 2413-2416.
1. The Direct Acyl-Alkylation of Arynes, Uttam K. Tambar and Brian M. Stoltz, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2005, 127, 5340-5341.
ft size-full wp-image-135″ title=”scheme-1″ src=”http://tambargroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/scheme-1.gif” alt=”scheme-1″ width=”480″ height=”221″ />