23. Allylic Functionalization of Unactivated Olefins with Grignard Reagents. Hongli Bao, Liela Bayeh, and Uttam K. Tambar. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2014, 53, 1664–1668. (German Edition)
22. Structure-guided Development of Specific Pyruvate Dehydrogenase Kinase Inhibitors Targeting the ATP-binding Pocket. Shih-Chia Tso, Xiangbing Qi, Wen-Jun Gui, Cheng-Yang Wu, Jacinta L. Chuang, Ingrid Wernstedt-Asterholm, Lorraine K. Morlock, Kyle R. Owens, Philipp E. Scherer, Noelle S. Williams, Uttam K. Tambar, R. Max Wynn and David T. Chuang. J. Biol. Chem. 2014, 289, 4432-4443.
21. Brønsted Acid Catalyzed Enantioselective Indole Aza-Claisen Rear-rangement Mediated by an Arene CH-O Interaction. Pradip Maity, Ryan P. Pemberton, Dean J. Tantillo, and Uttam K. Tambar. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2013, 135, 16380–16383. (This article was featured in Synfacts)
20. Catalytic Enantioselective Allylic Amination of Olefins for the Synthesis of ent-Sitagliptin. Hongli Bao, Liela Bayeh, Uttam K. Tambar. Synlett 2013, 24, 2459-2463. (This article was featured as the SYNFACT of the month)
19. Synthesis of (±)-Amathaspiramide F and Discovery of an Unusual Stereocontrolling Element for the [2,3]-Stevens Rearrangement. Arash Soheili and Uttam K. Tambar. Org. Lett. 2013, 15, 5138–5141.
18. Stereoselective Synthesis of Functionalized Cyclic Amino Acid Derivatives via a [2,3]-Stevens Rearrangement and Ring-Closing Metathesis. Aaron Nash, Arash Soheili, and Uttam K. Tambar. Org. Lett. 2013, 15, 4770–4773.
17. Structure-based design and mechanisms of allosteric inhibitors for mitochondrial branched-chain α-ketoacid dehydrogenase kinase. Shih-Chia Tso, Xiangbing Qi, Wen-Jun Gui, Jacinta L. Chuang, Lorraine K. Morlock, Amy L. Wallace, Kamran Ahmed, Sunil Laxman, Philippe M. Campeau, Brendan H. Lee, Susan M. Hutson, Benjamin P. Tu, Noelle S. Williams, Uttam K. Tambar, R. Max Wynna, and David T. Chuang. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2013, 110, 9728–9733. (This article was featured in SciBX)
16. Development of Inhibitors of the PAS-B Domain of the HIF-2α Transcription Factor. Jamie L. Rogers, Liela Bayeh, Thomas H. Scheuermann, Jamie Longgood, Chuck Caldwell, Jason Key, Jacinth Naidoo, Lisa Melito, Cameron Shokri, Doug E. Frantz, Richard K. Bruick, Kevin H. Gardner, John B. MacMillan, and Uttam K. Tambar. J. Med. Chem. 2013, 56, 1739–1747.
15. Allosteric Inhibition of Hypoxia Inducible Factor 2 with Small Molecules. Thomas H. Scheuermann, Qiming Li, He-Wen Ma, Jason Key, Lei Zhang, Rui Chen, Joseph A. Garcia, Jacinth Naidoo, Jamie Longgood, Douglas E. Frantz, Uttam K. Tambar, Kevin H. Gardner, and Richard K. Bruick. Nat. Chem. Biol. 2013, 9, 271–276.
14. Catalytic Enantioselective Allylic Amination of Unactivated Terminal Olefins via an Ene Reaction/[2,3]-Rearrangement. Hongli Bao and Uttam K. Tambar. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2012, 134, 18495–18498. (This article was featured in the Editors’ Choice section of Science, Synfacts, Synform, and Organic Highlights)
Our chemistry is highlighted on the Sigma-Aldrich Website.
13. Tandem Catalytic Allylic Amination and [2,3]-Stevens Rearrangement of Tertiary Amines. Arash Soheili and Uttam K. Tambar. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2011, 133, 12956-12959. (This article was featured in Synfacts)
12. SYNPACTS: Stereoselective [2,3]-Rearrangements of Amine N-Oxides. Hongli Bao, Xiangbing Qi, and Uttam K. Tambar. Synlett 2011, 1789-1792.
11. Total Synthesis of (±)-Trigonoliimine C via Oxidative Rearrangement of an Unsymmetrical Bis-Tryptamine. Xiangbing Qi, Hongli Bao, and Uttam K. Tambar. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2011, 133, 10050-10053.
10. Catalytic Enantioselective [2,3]-Rearrangements of Amine N-Oxides. Hongli Bao, Xiangbing Qi, and Uttam K. Tambar. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2011, 133, 1206-1208. (This article was featured in Synfacts)
Graduate and Postdoctoral Publications
9. Enantioselective (Formal) Aza-Diels-Alder Reactions with Non-Danishefsky-Type Dienes. Uttam K. Tambar , Sharon K. Lee, and James L. Leighton. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2010, 132, 10248-10250. (This article was featured in Synfacts)
8. Highly enantioselective formal aza-Diels–Alder reactions with acylhydrazones and Danishefsky’s diene promoted by a silicon Lewis acid. Sharon K. Lee, Uttam K. Tambar, Nicholas R. Perl, and James L. Leighton. Tetrahedron 2010, 66, 4769-4774. (This article was featured in Synfacts)
7. The Direct Acyl-Alkylation of Arynes. Preparation of Methyl 2-(2-Acetylphenyl)Acetate. David C. Ebner, Uttam K. Tambar, Brian M. Stoltz. Org. Synth. 2009, 86, 161-171.
6. Pd-Catalyzed Enantioselective Aerobic Oxidation of Secondary Alcohols: Applications to the Total Synthesis of Alkaloids. Shyam Krishnan, Jeffrey T. Bagdanoff, David C. Ebner, Yeeman K. Ramtohul, Uttam K. Tambar, Brian M. Stoltz. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2008, 130, 13745-13754.
5. The development and scope of a versatile tandem Stille-oxa-electrocyclization reaction. Uttam K. Tambar, Taichi Kano, John F. Zepernick and Brian M. Stoltz. Tetrahedron Lett. 2007, 48, 345-350.
4. Convergent and Diastereoselective Synthesis of the Polycyclic Pyran Core of Saudin, Uttam K. Tambar, Taichi Kano, John F. Zepernick, and Brian M. Stoltz, J. Org. Chem. 2006, 71, 8357-8364.
3. A Convergent and Enantioselective Synthesis of (+)-Amurensinine via Selective C-H and C-C Bond Insertion Reactions. Uttam K. Tambar, David C. Ebner, and Brian M. Stoltz, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2006, 128, 11752-11753.
(This publication was listed as one of the ten most accessed communications in J. Am. Chem. Soc. for the July-September 2006 period. This paper was also featured in Synfacts.)
2. Progress toward the Total Synthesis of Saudin: Development of a Tandem Stille-Oxa-Electrocyclization Reaction, Uttam K. Tambar, Taichi Kano, and Brian M. Stoltz, Org. Lett. 2005, 7, 2413-2416.
1. The Direct Acyl-Alkylation of Arynes, Uttam K. Tambar and Brian M. Stoltz, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2005, 127, 5340-5341.
ft size-full wp-image-135″ title=”scheme-1″ src=”http://tambargroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/scheme-1.gif” alt=”scheme-1″ width=”480″ height=”221″ />